Two of the most popular flooring choices for home and business owners in South Florida are laminate flooring and concrete flooring. So, which flooring solution is best? In this article, we’ll explore some of the pros and cons of each option.
Pros Of Laminate Flooring:
- Quick and easy to install
- More resistant to dents and scratches than wooden floors
- Easy to clean
Cons Of Laminate Flooring:
- Looks Cheaper
- Little insulation value
- Will warp if exposed to water for any length of time, so spills need to be mopped up quickly
- Cannot be sanded down or refinished. It has to be replaced if damaged
- Doesn’t add much value to your home or property
- Can only be used indoors
Pros Of Concrete Flooring:
- The most durable flooring option
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Highly stain, mold and damage resistant
- High insulation value
- Environmentally friendly – Often, the concrete already existing below your floor can be utilized
- Versatile – It can be stained, polished and textured to your exact style requirements. It can also be used indoors or on your patio, driveway or pool area. There is also a wide range of concrete stain colors to choose from.
Cons Of Concrete Flooring:
- Cannot be a DIY job – Installation should only be undertaken by professionals
- Requires a professional to seal it – This prevents moisture buildup and keeps your floor in great condition
Let The Professionals Install The Perfect Concrete Floor
If you want your home to have expertly installed concrete flooring, our specialists at Artistic Concrete in Miami are happy to assist you in finding the right solution. With over 30 years of experience and a wide range of products including concrete stamping, decorative concrete, colored concrete patios, concrete driveways, Thin-Crete and Uro-Tile, we offer our clients expert services and high quality results at affordable prices. For more information and great concrete flooring ideas for inspiration, please visit our gallery or contact us today.