Concrete pads usually refer to precast concrete slabs and pavers. These incredibly versatile products can be used for a wide range of projects, from patio and sidewalk paving to stepping stones and lining for pathways.
How To Make Concrete Pads
Concrete pads and pavers are made using cement (a mixture of concrete, aggregate and water) that is poured into a mold and left to set and harden over time. This process makes it very easy to customize the look of the paver, creating different shapes and sizes as well as adding colored pigments. In this way, you can get pavers that are almost indistinguishable in color and texture from natural stone and wood. You can also get brightly colored and patterned concrete pavers for a trendier and upbeat look.
How To Install Concrete Pads
After you have planned your project and chosen your pavers, the real work begins! Here’s what you need to do:
- Clear the ground where you want to place the paving, removing stones and plant matter until you have an even, clean surface.
- To prevent water from pooling on your pavers, make sure the ground has a slight slope that leads away from your home. About a quarter inch per foot is fine.
- Pack the soil down tightly with a hand tamp, or water it until until it’s firm and smooth.
- Put down borders to your paving to create a firm edging. You can use Flexible plastic edging or treated lumber.
- Spread one to three inches of coarse sand evenly over the area you want to pave.
- Start laying your pavers out according to your design plan, keeping the pavers tightly together.
- Spread sand in between each tile using a broom. You may have to repeat this process as the sand settles.
Speak To Us About Concrete Pads And Paving In Miami
At Artistic Concrete in Miami, our expert teams are on hand to deliver high quality commercial, industrial and residential concrete flooring. With over 30 years of industry experience and a reputation for excellence, we’re dedicated to providing each of our clients with custom solutions tailored to their exact specifications.
In addition to residential and commercial surface resurfacing and restoration services, we also offer the Uro-Tile and Thin-Crete concrete tile ranges as well as stamped concrete and concrete pavers. To learn more about our expert services, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.