Remodeling a kitchen is a big project that can make a huge difference to your home. Here are some tips on making your renovation a success.
- Quality lasts: High quality kitchen cabinets, fixtures and appliances look expensive, but they offer exceptional durability. Good hinges and drawer slides will ensure that drawers don’t stick and that cabinets open and close easily. Wood veneer cabinet interiors are more durable than MDF, melamine or laminate, and will ensure that your kitchen lasts.
- Consider traffic: Traffic refers to the flow of people through your kitchen, so keep in mind how you are planning to use the space, once it is complete. Clever kitchen flow design can help keep children away from cooktops and ensure that the refrigerator is easily accessible for guests, as well as from the cooking area.
- Know your countertops: Each type of countertop will give your kitchen a different feel as well as a different amount of functionality. Granite has a wide range of colors and is very durable and elegant, while wooden surfaces give your room a sense of warmth and tradition. Also, be sure to consider the height of your countertops, testing them to find a comfortable height before installation of your cabinets.
- Pay attention to plumbing and electrics: One of the best ways to save on your remodel is to try and keep your appliances in their current positions as much as possible. Re-routing plumbing, gas and wiring can get expensive very quickly.
- Specialist spaces: These are cabinets and drawers designed with a specific function in mind. Storing knife sets to keep them sharp and out of harm’s way or providing slotted spaces ideal for prep boards is essential.
- Find your flooring: Wooden flooring might look beautiful but it does dent and wear easily, while laminate will warp if exposed to too much water. It’s important to find a flooring solution that can function well in such a high traffic, demanding spaces. Polished concrete, concrete tiles and concrete flooring have gained massive popularity in Dade & Broward counties, in both homes and commercial spaces like restaurants. Highly versatile, it can be designed to fit any style using a wide range of stain colors and textures. It has a high insulation value, is environmentally friendly and can withstand traffic, spills and water without a problem.
Elegant, Affordable Concrete Flooring For Kitchens
At Artistic Concrete in Broward, we offer our clients top quality polished concrete that delivers a lasting flooring solution. Just take a look at our gallery to see the great results we bring our clients.
In addition to this service, we offer concrete resurfacing and the top quality Uro-Tile range as well as Thin-Crete, stamped concrete, concrete pavers and micro-topping to commercial and industrial properties in the Broward area. With expertly trained, experienced teams, we’re able to offer our clients an affordable, lasting and efficient solution. To learn more about our expert services, please don’t hesitate to contact us today.